Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cocoa Daisy February Color Swatch Reveal

I can't believe I am posting my first post for the Cocoa Daisy design team.  It feels unreal.  

The February Color Swatch kits are live and have been my most favorite kits I've used...ever!  There is lots of pinks, but there is a great variety of textures, bold and soft colors and other colors that make these kits so easy to work with and not specific to a theme.  I got the Main, the Day In the Life, and the Palette kit (the pattern paper kit).

This layout is with the main kit only and the focus was on using the watercolor paper in the kit.  Hopefully my video worked right and I'll be sharing what I did and making the layout soon on the Cocoa Daisy blog.
I also got the Colorful Life stamp set...I used this set over and over and again...such a fun set.
This next layout using a mix of the Main and the Day in the Life kit (the stitched Studio Calico card, and the clock and date stamp).
You can see the clock stamp there on the die cut.  Love those stamps...such a cute idea and so useable.
The next layout uses a mix of all three kits.  And I used that Stamp again, but inked in two different colors and used only the sentiment "Live a Colorful Life."
I had to do a layout about meeting scrap friends in real life.  Me, Jennie, and Nicole had never met but we were roommates.  We really connected and had a great time.  
And then I saved lots of the papers from the Palette pattern paper kit, to make cards.  And again, I used that same stamp set again on all of these cards.
Here I used one of the other style of the round stamp on pattern paper, fussy cut, and added under the bottom heart.
This was my favorite round stamp from the set, that I used the most.  I embossed it all over the card in three different embossing powders.
And here, I used the round stamp design on pattern paper, fussy cut, and punched for a smaller circle to layer.  Then using the Day in the Life clock stamp, I stamped the back side and embossed in gold to add to the top.  Also did that technique on either side of "colorful" in green ink.
You can purchase kits when they are available to non-subscribers.  But now is a great time to sub to the Main kit or the Day in the Life kit for 6 mos and get 40% off using code NEWSUB40%OFF.  I have been subbing since October and have not been disappointed in the kits, they even get better each month.  Worth it.

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Your projects are amazing! That first layout is just breathtaking, and I love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layouts and cards. Your work is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all jaw-dropping amazing, Patricia! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing first reveal, Patricia!! Your layouts and cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Patricia!! as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow- I LOVE these layouts! And I can't wait to get the kit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all, Patricia. :) still feeling sad not to meet during CHA. But there's always next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!