Friday, December 07, 2012

December Daily and Lily Bee Christmas Ornament

Happy Friday!  I have a Christmas ornament on the Lily Bee blog today.

Simple shapes, patterns, and colors, can make anything so pretty. 
I used the Lily Bee Christmas Cheer pattern papers and sticky back canvas to create this using a pattern paper transfer.
This transfer technique isn't new.  I have tried to explain it to friends, but really is something you need to see.  So here's how to do it.  The only thing you won't see in the video is attaching the jewel at the bottom of the ornament.  I added it with clear beading wire because I love sparkle!
And I have my first December Daily pages to share.  I know there's a lot of inspiration out there as well as talent, but if you want more details about how I did anything, please let me know.
The Supplies:
  • The main base of each page starts with the Studio Calico handbook page protectors similar to Project Life with different sized pockets
  • Lots of vellum (from Office Depot) cut outs, or vellum sheets that I stamped on (the pocket with all the sayings was stamped with different shades and colors) with Lily Bee Christmas Cheer stamp set
  • Transparencies from Office Depot that you buy as single sheets near where they do photocopying for you
  • Doilies
  • Mists (so far using October Afternoon's Springs from the Woodland Park collection)
  • Prima chalk ink:  Ladybug, Teal Damask, Cold Ice, Summer Field, English Ivy
  • Lots of sequins, I just bought more at Hobby Lobby, they have a really good selection.
  • As far as scrapbooking supplies, I'm using a mix of American Crafts Kringle and Co, Lily Bee Christmas Cheer, October Afternoon Make it Merry, and just embellishments from Studio Calico
  • Oh, and those cute Christmas Tree paperclips I found in the scrapbooking section at Target...made by American Crafts...so glad I got them
  • Flair/Badges - Evalicious, Paper Play Studio, and A Flair for Buttons
  • Embossing powders from American Crafts
Most of the photos are not events that took place on that day...that is the the main difference from this year's December Daily and last years.  I learned from last year that sometimes there's a lot that happens on one day, and sometimes nothing...so it's more of a countdown, advent mini book with a photo representing something I want to document.
Some numbers will be on the pages with the protectors and some will have dividers...I'm mixing it up.
I did want a see through look...so the vellum, transparencies, the page protectors, cutouts all work well together for that.
I thought I would try to make base pages ahead of time, but I can't work like that.  I have no idea what photos I will have or how many. So I'm doing this as I go.
LOVE the sparkle...so incorporating some wood veneers with sequins in the protectors...just stitched across to close it, then stitched across the top.
I'll try to post December Daily photos on Fridays.  Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I am SO inspired by your pages. WOW. It's like your brought a little bit of the day into each page instead of just the story, if that makes any sense at all. I would LOVE to sit with this book and just look at everything in detail! I love the way you are using the divided page protectors. That's one thing I wish my little paper journal had- even if I try and create grids, it's still not the same. I just love your style so much. Thank you, again, for the constant inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia! Thank you for the congrats on my guest designing over at the October Afternoon blog for December So very sweet and kind of you! Congrats to you on the LOTW over at Studio Calico! It is a beautiful layout. Love how your DD is coming along too! :)
    Happy holidays!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so LOVE the ornament & your December daily- just lovely! i asked santa for a silhouette thanks to your constant inspo ;)
    LOVE the new family holiday pic- sending {{GIANT HUGS}} and all our best wishes for a wonderful holiday season XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ornament and I am LOVING how your December Daily is coming together-so gorgeous girl! Please keep sharing your pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING and AWESOME as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...your December Daily is gorgeous!
    And such a simple, but pretty ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ornament--I love the texture of the canvas and twine.

    Your DD is off to a great start! Looking forward to seeing more pages as the month progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful ornament!I love the intermixed twine! Thanks for sharing your DD it provides such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!