Monday, December 03, 2012

Carta Bella and PageMaps

Becky Fleck created a sketch for each of the Carta Bella design team members.  Here is my sketch created by Becky Fleck. 
I picked the photos first...my daughter has had "ghostie" and "pumpkin" for 2 years now...they are here all-year, all the time, we must never lose them stuffed toys...
from there I picked colors and patterns.  This is really a simple layout, but the colors and textures make it look more involved.  I cut the background with the Silhouette, layered two pieces of pattern papers, making sure that the one with XO'S peeked out from the bottom and side.
then came the cut out title {heart} this, and the best part...all the embellishing and added stitching for texture.
 I used a mix of Merry and Bright, Traditions, All Hallow's Eve, and Alphabet Junction.  Here's the details of what I used from Carta Bella:
Merry & Bright:   Merry Borders Paper, Merry Tags Paper, Chipboard Accents
Traditions:  Cinnamon Red/Sunset Gold Paper, Fresh Flourish Paper, Element Stickers
Alphabet Junction:  Nectarine/Whisper White Paper, Leafy Green/Apple Red Paper, Delightful Stripe Paper
All Hallow’s Eve:  Brads
Paris Girl:  Best Friends Sticker

Be sure to check out Becky's post here, for more sketches and inspiration from the design team!

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. You knocked it out of the park, girl. Your design shined this month... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous sketch and gorgeous layout!!
    And I am smiling because my ten year old son has a soft pumpkin he still keeps close. I bought it when he was two because he kept wanting to sleep with the real pumpkin he had just bought at the pumpkin patch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny, Mary Jo...and thanks!

      Delete
  3. Great take on the sketch--love the Silhouette work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another gorgeous masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS lo Patricia!
    You say it's simple but it doesn't look it to me. Love the look of the diecut background and the pretty leaves and title you made.
    -Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's lovely! I love love the colors and the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so beautiful patricia! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love each details !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout! Such pretty colors and perfect details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I love your sketch! love the background circle cut out. Look at you mixing all those lines together so good too:)

    p.s. loving the new blog header:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layout is beyond gorgeous. Please let me know where you purchased the title to cut with your Silhouette? My e-mail is: lynette.jacobs11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found this on Pinterest. What an amazing layout! Your work is fantastic! So happy I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!